21st Century Ministry and 2 Corinthians
A Place For The God-Hungry » 21st Century Ministry and 2 Corinthians (Part 1). Jim Martin has some excellent observations. If nothing else, notice his “bullet points” in red:
Here is a sample of what you might find in 2 Corinthians regarding ministry:
- Ministry takes place in times of weakness not just in times of strength.
- Ministry comes through living authentically in the body of Christ not simply as a professional who keeps a safe distance from the congregation.
- Ministry is about relying on God who raised Jesus from the dead, not on one’s self.
- Ministry is sometimes painful, pressure-filled, and difficult. At times, very little may be happening that is encouraging or which meets the minister’s “career goals.”
- Ministry takes place as God ministers to us and then we are able to minister to another.